Further development initiatives are envisaged to:
- Continually enhance the quality of health care services.
- Enable SCH to stay relevant in provision of health services and to be adequately competitive.
- Increase and expand the capacity of the hospital to meet the ever growing health needs and demands.
- Enable the hospital to develop and implement comprehensive and cost-effective models in health care.
- Strengthen and build capacities of community level health care providers.
Areas of current development:
- Improve the hospital’s infrastructure
- Construction of an Accident and Emergency Center. Introducing an Ophthalmic, Dental and ENT Unit.
- Introducing laparoscopic surgery
- Constructing a private wing for in-patients.
- Establishment of a Resource Center (for reference and research).
- More attention to Quality Assurance Quality Improvement
- Developing models in infection control, patient care, patient accountability, referrals, outreaches, and research.