Sagam Community Hospital has entered into partnership with Africa Telerad Limited to offer Teleradiology services to its clients. This will be done by Africa Telerad Limited providing access to teleradiology interpretation services via independently contracted Radiologists via the Africa Telerad Limited Network to the variuos departments of the hospital. The Radiologists will provide offsite teleradiology consultation and interpretation from time to time as per request. The agreement was done on 29 April 2014 by a visit of Dr Jocelyn Nyokabi Kaguthi, Medical Director Africa Telerad and Francis Ndwiga Njoroge, General Manager IT & Administration for Africa Telerad Ltd while Sagam Community Hospital was represented by Mr Nelson .O. Rogo Hospital Chairman and Ag Administrator, Daniel Ochieng Ofula, The Hospital Accountant and Benson Sewe Otieno the Executive Officer. Agreement entails;-
- Africa Telerad Ltd shall cause the physicians to provide the services to Sagam Hospital twenty-four hours a day seven days a week. The physician providing the services will forward a written final interpretation report, via fax or other media within two hours, except stat exams shall have a preliminary report within an average of one hour.
- Sagam Community Hospital will provide all teleradiology equipment, upgrades, changes or infrastructure changes required to meet the technical requirements of Africa Telerad Ltd’s teleradiology equipment used to provide the Services.
- Sagam Community Hospital will obtain all the necessary permits, licenses, consents and authorization
This is what Africa Telerad Limited is all about
Africa Telerad Kenya Ltd is a teleradiology company based in Kenya.
Teleradiology is the transmission of medical images over the internet to a radiologist for purposes of reporting.
Using their well‐tested and online teleradiology platform, they connect hospitals located all over the country to their radiologists who issue reports in a timely and cost ‐ effective manner.
The process is completely web based. Once the radiographer (technician) in the hospital or clinic performs the examination, the information is sent via a secure network to their team of radiologists who interpret the examination and the report is sent back to the hospital. The process is simple, fast and totally secure. In addition, their team of radiologists is highly specialized and have achieved recognition in their fields, which ensures the quality of reports provided by Africa Telerad.
The Africa Telerad teleradiology platform is compatible with all radiology equipment – X ‐ray (both digital and conventional), Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI and Mammogram. The platform can also be fully integrated with the existing information systems at the hospitals. Their team of radiologists provide 24‐hour coverage for theirclients. They also provide IT support round the clock. They do NOT charge any connection fee – they only charge per report. The main benefits of using their services to the hospital are:
- Improved and efficient service delivery
- Improved patient management with fast turnaround of reports
- ZERO Cost of installation to the hospitals
- No fixed monthly costs, billing is done monthly on a per exam basis
- ALL experienced, highly qualified Kenyan radiologists recognized by the Kenya Medical Dentist and Practitioners Board.
- Lack of labour risks
- Easy connection for hospitals and clinics to the teleradiology platform
- Full compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), U.S. law that protects the privacy of the patient (patient confidentiality)
- Second opinion, for more difficult cases. Our professionals can discuss exams with domestic and foreign experts.
- Telephone contact with referring physicians for discussion of relevant cases
- Flexibility to meet your needs
- Mature technology, tested and approved by the U.S. and Latin American markets.
- Rapid and secure online access to all reports
- Secure transmission of patient data
- Training of local technical staff in the use of image transmission as well as our teleradiology platform
- Fast turnaround of radiology reports
- Service 24 hours, every day of the year in Kenya.
Africa Telerad is looking forward to working with the Sagam Community hospital to improve service delivery and improve the accessibility to medical imaging services by the citizenry.